Working with country populations from around the world, Infinity Street is a Montessori-inspired place value activity that helps children become comfortable reading and building numbers into the millions as well as adding, subtracting, and rounding hierarchical numbers.
Understanding place value is essential for mathematical proficiency. With Infinity Street, your child will develop a solid foundation in hierarchical numbers while exploring population numbers for different countries.
What is Infinity Street?
Infinity Street is a Montessori-inspired place value activity. Along Infinity Street are houses that represent each number family, starting with the simple house, followed by the thousand house, the million house, the billion house, etc. Within each house live the units, the tens, and the hundreds. As children work with Infinity Street, they develop a deeper understanding of numeration and place value.
learn more about
The Global Explorers Club: Infinity Street
Some tips for preparing the Infinity Street activities
- Print the Infinity Street activities.
- Next, laminate the Infinity Street houses, mailboxes, cards, and mats. Now students are able to write on them using a dry-erase marker or Stabilo crayon. I prefer the latter as it’s much easier to remove.
- Then hole punch the country population cards and place them on a ring binder clip. Do the same for the place value task cards.
- Group the materials together and place them on a shelf or in your child’s learning basket. We keep all of our Infinity Street materials in a photo storage container, with a small basket of bead bars located nearby.
- Now students are able to select a task card and complete the activity using the provided materials.
How to Download the Global Explorers Infinity Street Activity Pack
These Infinity Street activity packs are exclusively available to members of the Global Explorers Club. Simply visit the Resource Library today, then click the continent bundle that you have purchased to view and download all the supplemental resources available to you.
Add Some Wonder to Your Homeschool with the Global Explorers Club
We hope you’ll join us as we explore the world together, one country at a time! You can find out more about each continent bundle by clicking below.
Interested in learning more about the Global Explorers program?
You can keep up to date with all the latest news and product releases by joining our newsletter below.