Hey there, fellow adventurers! Here’s a quick look at our “Around the World” journey as we explore South America together. We started our expedition with a (virtual) visit to the vibrant land of Venezuela and now we’re heading to Colombia!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links at no cost to you. This means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links.
Our Learning Journal
- Completed our morning basket activities and began discussing our new virtue, Persistence
- Read Juana & Lucas by Juana Medina
- Completed Juana & Lucas mapwork page
- Worked on Juana & Lucas sentence strategies
- Read the “Colombia” entry in Countries of the World and the Smithsonian Children’s Illustrated Atlas
- Began the Global Explorers journal page for Colombia
- Read about Marya from Colombia in This Is My World
- Read and discussed Waiting for the Biblioburro by Monica Brown and Biblioburro: A True Story from Colombia by Jeanette Winter, plus completed a couple related activities: a feelings line graph and Spanish copywork
- Completed the Musical Explorers: Learning “El Pescador” lesson
- Completed a Five Senses Scavenger Hunt
- Completed the “El Pescador” journal page
- Watched “The Five Senses” by Generation Genius
Colombia Book List
Visit the Global Explorers book list for Colombia to find even more books you can read to learn more about the country.
Add Some Wonder to Your Homeschool with the Global Explorers Club
We hope you’ll join us as we explore the world together, one country at a time! You can find out more about each continent bundle by clicking below.
Interested in learning more about the Global Explorers program?
You can keep up to date with all the latest news and product releases by joining our newsletter below.