How to Set Up Notion
The Global Explorers program includes a customized Notion lesson planner to simplify homeschooling preparation, planning, and record-keeping. In this post, I’ll detail how to quickly set up and begin using Notion.
What is Notion?
Notion bills itself as an all-in-one workspace that allows users to plan, take notes, move lessons around, add bookmarks, embed videos, and more.
What makes the Global Explorers curriculum unique is the completely customizable database that gives your family the flexibility to adjust each unit study to your needs. The curriculum template provides a base structured learning plan that you can then adapt at will. Easily add in supplemental resources you stumble upon, save web bookmarks and videos, update book lists — the list goes on and on.
How to Set Up the Global Explorers Notion Template
- First, create a Notion account by going to https://www.notion.so/ and entering your email address.
- Enter the temporary login code.
- Set a password.
- Answer the customization questions or choose to skip.
- Select the “For Myself” option and then click “Take Me to Notion.”
- Click the Global Explorers database link found in the “How to Set Up Global Explorers” PDF.
- In the upper righthand corner, select “Duplicate.
Note: At this point you can right-click and delete the other auto-generated Notion templates (e.g. Quick Note, Personal Home, Task List, Journal, Reading List).
Congrats! The Global Explorers curriculum database is now ready.